Monday, July 21, 2014

Late-Season Driver Comments

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that James Hinchcliffe might do better at another team? I can't point to anything specific, it just seems to me that all might not be well in that relationship.

No one thinks that Helio Castroneves can win a championship... Yet, there he is, leading the points with 4 races to go. I'll still be surprised if he pulls it off.

Will Power might be the most exciting driver in the series. In fact, I picked him to win the championship and the 500 this year. Turns out what I thought was going to be a big change in the guy who was always a little mistake-prone when under pressure didn't come to pass. He's still usually the fastest guy on the track, his tires seem never to fall off, he never runs out of fuel, and yet he still manages to throw away race wins and good finishes with astonishing regularity. His penalties and mistakes have cost him a minimum of 2 wins this year.

Simon Pagenaud faces a very Ryan-Hunter-Reay-In-2012 situation: Stay with the team who brought him his success, or move on to one of the powerhouse teams. I think a seat might be opening up at Andretti...

Yes, Juan Pablo Montoya is back. Now never, ever underestimate him.

Anyone else notice that Carlos Munoz is 7th in points? Anyone? That's better than two of his teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment